Experienced picture framer required
(initially part time)
Mount is changing the way we do business and we’re now looking to hire an experienced framemaker who can take over most of Simon’s practical framing jobs. You’ll need to hit the ground running to keep up with targets. Confidence, drive and finesse are key to thriving in this position. If you’ve got that spark we’re looking for there’s the potential for upward progression within our company.
We’re looking for a framemaker who has at least three years experience working in high street framing situations, who can make frames quickly to a high standard without supervision. Download the pdf for a full job description:
General job description: You’ll work on producing frames, from start to finish in all aspects of picture framing, including:
- Making rims, including some hand-finishing
- Cutting sheet material – mountboard, mdf, glass, dibond and any other board product required.
- Mounting of work for framing – window mounting, float mounting, object mounting and drymounting.
- Assembling of mounted work and frames.
You must have demonstrable practical skills, affinity with materials, good attention to detail, the ability to work with speed, precision and finesse, and be numerate.
- Salary dependent on experience. To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th August and tell us why you’d be good for this role. (no phone calls please, all enquires via email).
- Around 16-21 hours a week initially (Flexible hours available). More hours might become available as the company grows. This role has the potential for upward progression to senior levels.
Based in Silk Mill Studios, Frome (we may also consider freelance framers working from their own workshop, but you’d still need to come in to our workshop on a regular basis.)
Keep a look out for updates, and please pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested in picture framing jobs in Somerset.
We’re always interested in hearing from people who would like to work with us, so do get in touch. We’re happy to hear from freelance framers who would like to be considered for ad-hoc work during busy periods.
The key qualities we look for in anyone who works for us are: finesse, proactivity, confidence and drive.
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear about new opportunities