A quick round up of arty things happening this half term in and near Frome:
1) Last chance to see Peter Macfadyen’s mayoral chain photo series by photographer David Partner. At the Round Tower, Black Swan Arts until 30 May. Learn all about the amazing organisations around Frome, see the chains they made Peter, enjoy the wonderful photography by David. This exhibition showcases Frome’s independent local politics, as well as world-class portraiture photography. Read more about it here https://www.mount-art.co.uk/gallery/mayoral-chain-exhibition-at-black-swan-arts/ and you can visit the Black Swan Arts website here http://www.blackswan.org.uk/news_events_Detail.php?The-Mayor-s-Chains—From-Lego-to-Leg-Club-219
2) Also at Black Swan Arts, Dan Hampson’s paintings are showing in the main gallery. http://www.blackswan.org.uk/news_events_Detail.php?Dan-Hampson-Fitzcarraldo-221 We really enjoyed the preview of this exhibition – big playful canvasses beautiful and daring. Definitely worth a look.
3) Tomorrow (wednesday 27th) half term crafty workshop for kids at Postscript, Frome. £6 10-11 & 11-12 https://twitter.com/PostscriptFrome/status/602108593530380289
4) Geoff Coombes is exhibiting at the Cheese and Grain until the end of May http://www.cheeseandgrain.com/uncategorized/may-artist-of-the-month-geoff-coombes/ Geoff is a fellow Gillingham to Frome migrant.
5) It’s the Wylye Valley Art Trail. The Frome Collective are exhibiting at Longbridge Deverill – we recommend checking these guys out: venue 73a. The closest venues to Frome are at West Woodlands and Maiden Bradley. Why not have a nice walk at Stourhead and take a look at the venues nearby: Stourhead’s gallery in the Spread Eagle Courtyard, as well as paintings in Gasper (venues 14 and 15). http://wvat.co.uk/
If you have any other ideas for arty things to do this half term, let us know!